Thursday, May 20, 2010

It seems like so long ago that I created this blog.....that's 'cause IT WAS so long ago!!!!!

So I guess it's pointless to try and recap whats been going on....there has been such A LOT!!!

I will be trying to use this blog as a reference of things that have been going on in our lives, and to update on a regular basis. ....time will tell won't it???

Toady I had an awesome day at my Art class in Gore. I managed to finish two paintings today that are of places on the Kepler track. One I am not sure whether I have finished tinkering or not, but the other is quite acceptable! I was pleased that Aiden and Ali recognised the spot, so I must have captured the likeness OK. When the camera is charged I will take a snap to show you.

I felt a bit guilty taking off the class today though, with Barrie having just come out of hospital yesterday. He is such a toughie....no painkillers since her walked out the door. He seems to be coping a bit better this time round, with the after effects of the anaesthetic, even though he has been suffering with a dreadful cold.

Spent the evening with the boys helping Blake with his homework, and reading through Loren's assignment before she submits it.......and now UPDATING MY BLOG!!!

My biggest news I guess is the appointment of Design Team member at SBO www.scrapbookoutletnz.co.nz I can't wait for the term to start....officially its the 1st of June, but I am sure there will be some action before then...watch this space.

I have been working on some LOs for the family album, and trying out techniques using the Tim Holtz book as inspiration. Nothing concrete as yet, I guess practise makes perfect doesn't it??

I also have been designing some LOs for my upcoming scrapbook class at SIT www.sit.ac.nz in Gore. I have 8 weeks of demos and LOs to organise using my most "canny" tricks to save $$ and of course the latest and greatest papers on the market!! I keep chopping and changing my mind depending on what paper I see, and the papers that are due to come into the country in the coming weeks.....Classes start in July, so I have a bit of time up my sleeve. I love teaching...it gives me a real thrill to see people start to gain confidence in their designing capabilities, and to see them use my classes as inspiration in their own Layouts.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your DT appointment! I had a look on their blog yesterday after seeing your announcement on SJ and I couldn't see you on there - but if you're still blog-building, that'll be why!
    It's looking great so far!
    Rosey x

    ReplyDelete