Friday, October 21, 2016

Brick Stencil Three Ways

Hi everyone in scrappy-land from Sharon.

I really enjoyed a long weekend away at the beach in mid winter ( seems a distant memory now) and took advantage of a stunning view and a warm fire to sit and scrap overlooking the bay and playing with my latest hippies from Imagine If

In this first page “Shine” I used the brick stencil in the background of a patterned paper, then used brown distress ink to highlight the “grout” areas. I love the dimension that this gives my pages. 


The rest of the page is relatively simple….just some layered paper and a few flowers to finish it off. 

In this second page “Our Story” I use the same brick stencil, this time with modelling paste to create a rustic effect in the background. 



I used some tim holtz crayons to add some shadow in the brickwork. I then used a couple of Imagine If gessoed chipboards. One as a journalling block, and the other to be part of the floral assemblage to the left of the photograph.  I journaled following the circular pattern, and cut the left part of the circle to adhere it to the top of the layout for some repeated elements. Again, I layered papers using the tim holtz distress inks to define the page edges a little.


For my third page, I used the stencil again in the background, and swiped some ink on the stencil first to get a graduated colour in the texture paste. 
I then used a piece of gessoed chippie to the left of the photo as the main embellishment atop of layered papers and a little lace. I finished the page with an inked quote from the “quotes and sayings” sheets available in the shop.
As you can see the brick stencil is perfect for applying layers to backgrounds.


Thanks for looking.
Sharon






No comments:

Post a Comment